Forms Explorer Option
The Forms explorer option can be accessed on various ASM Core entity Details windows, as well as the Call, Request, Task and Agreement windows.
Before you start
Your system administrator must have selected Forms in the System Settings.
If the form relates to calls, you must have access to it in the Forms tab of your IPK Management Security Role. If you have Read Only selected in the Access column, you can read the information on the form, Read/Write allows you to open and edit forms of the selected type.
If the form relates to a CMDB item such as a Person, You must have access to the relevant form in the Forms tab of your Configuration Management Security Role, depending on the nature of the form. If you have Read Only selected in the Access column for the form, you can read the information on the form, Read/Write allows you to open and edit forms of the selected type.
Completing the Form
- From the Details window, select the Forms explorer option. This normally appears within the Data group. Scroll up to locate the group, and expand it if necessary.
- If there are forms available for the entity, the option will appear in orange text with a small arrow, indicating that there are forms within the option .
- Select the arrow to expand the group and display the forms within it.
- Select the form you wish to work with.
- The <Entity> Form window appears.
- Complete all necessary details. You can copy and paste text using the and buttons.
- Select from the toolbar or Return To Main at the top of the Explorer pane to return to the Details window.